07:00 pick up from hotel lobby or any other location in Amman. The driver has a sign in your name and we will send you his contact one day before tour start. In you private, air-conditioned vehicle you drive 3 hours along the Desert Highway to amazing Petra, since 1985 a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
10:00 meet your local private guide. Begin your adventure by entering the site through a splendid narrow path flanked called Siq until you reach the breathtaking Treasury. The monument consists of enormous facade which is about 30 meters wide and 43 meters high, engraved out of the red rose sandstone in the early 1st century. You have plenty of photo opportunities. Then walk along the Street of Facades to the Royal Tombs. The guided tour ends at the restaurant area.
12:30 free time to explore Petra on your own. You have time to follow the 800 stairs to the Monastery El Deir. Walk the same way back to the main gate.
In the afternoon meet your driver who will transfer you back to your hotel or residence in Amman. If needed stops can be made at locations where restrooms can be used.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Expect to cover 5 to 6 km on foot.
- Bring sun protection, especially in summer time from June until August.
- In winter, from mid December until February, wear warm clothes.
- Dress respectfully and cover knees and shoulders.
- Two restaurants and a few stalls selling snacks you find inside Petra Archaeological Park and outside the Park in Wadi Musa town.
- The local guides in Petra are licensed by the Ministry of Tourism in Jordan and are not part of our team.
- A 700 meters horse ride from the main gate to the beginning of the Siq is included in the admission fee Petra. Horse handlers expect a tip of 3 JOD per horse.
- Latest with sunset you need to be at Petra main gate.
- Private transfers
- English speaking driver
- Guide in Petra (2.5 hrs)
- All entrance fee
- Short horse ride in Petra
- Bottled water in the vehicle
- Free WiFi in vehicle.
- Travel Insurance
- Tips and Gratuities
- Meals not mentioned
- Horse drawn carriage Petra
- Donkey ride in Petra
- Escorting tour guide
- Beverage not mentioned
- Camel ride in Petra
- Personal expenses